Monday, September 16, 2013

Revised description of my art.



A simple story about simple art...that is created by the heart.

"The Art With A Heart"
I think my art can best be described as "the art with a heart" because it flows through the core of my heart.   I am not a professional artist and  I have no expertise in  the craft of making art. In fact, I  found my creative voice rather late in life after spending many years on an inward spiritual journey of self-discovery where I  learned to let go of the inner criticizing and self judging that kept me in locked in fear. 

After diving down into the shadows of my past and peeling back many layers of suppressed  emotions and memories, I finally reached the core of my heart where I was able to reconnect with a still small voice that I call the 'child within'. This newfound liberation felt much  like a caterpillar breaking free from the twisting and turning in a cocoon of darkness. Just as a butterfly is able to see  things from a higher perspective,  I began to see the world through new eyes, the eyes of my inner child which I believe is the bridge to my soul.  I am continuously learning many new things from this intimate relationship with myself and my connection to the Divine. One of the most significant  being the importance of play. Through play I am able to open up and allow the creative  inspiration to flow through me.  I think this famous quote by George Bernard Shaw sums it up, “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”

Today I catch myself more quickly when fear arises and I remember to dive down and still the mind. Then as the shadows melt away I am able to return with more pearls of love, peace, acceptance and missing pieces of myself that I lost along the way. I like to say, "through the heart of the 'child with' we see the whole world as One".

Today I am now more able to dive down into my fears and shadows much more quickly and each time I do I  am able to return with more pearls of love, peace, acceptance and  missing pieces of myself that I lost along the way.  I like to say, " from the heart of the  'child within'  we can see the whole world as One." 

Through my art I  hope to connect with others and to remind them of the innocence of the inner child where eternal love, joy and creativity lives. I think this popular quote from Jim Henson says it well, "The most sophisticated people I know inside they are all children." Through the eyes of the child I believe we are able to spread unconditional love person to person as we learn to appreciate the simple wonders of the world around us. I will end with two of my favorite quotes from Pablo Picasso, "Every child is an artist.  "The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." and "It takes a very long time to become young.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment